Monday, October 08, 2007

Pepsi can stove



Today after class I decided to try making one of those pepsi can stoves I've seen on the internet. It's a lightweight camping stove made from 3 aluminum cans, and it's really easy to make. The stove uses 90% isopropyl alcohol, which you can get at any drug store for $2 for 16oz. so it's reallly cheap (good for college students...) I'm going to use it this weekend on the sea kayaking trip, so it'll have some field tests. It only took me an hour to make the stove, and I was going pretty slow to make sure my cuts were right. I used these instructions if yall are interested:
PCT Hiker

And Alan posted a write-up about the adventure race this past weekend on his blog:
SOS

PS 10 points if you can guess what brand cans those used to be...

1 comment:

Michael said...

Yeah, Pepsi can, right...