Monday, March 31, 2008

So what's up?

I'm building a small 20" wingspan flying wing, using the same wing cores as a few other friends. We're going to use them for some combat. Lars has already built his, but is using an edf with a feigao brushless motor as the power. I think all of ours are going to be similar except for the motor. A couple other guys are using a slightly slower feigao motor with props instead of the ducted fan, while I'm winding up a spare cdrom motor I had laying around

My vacuum bag system is almost completed. I'm waiting on some glue to dry right now. I had everything hooked up and powered, and the pump runs great, but is not powerful enough to turn over (its a piston pump) wiht a vacuum already established. The power supply would cut out when the vacuum switch would turn the pump on. I've added a smaller resevoir between the pump and the 1-way valve to remedy this. I'll know in a few moments if it works. Eventually, I want to vacuum bag the little combat wings I mentioned above.

The pump still has the same problem as before. I think I'll need a fairly large capacitor to prevent surging of the power supply...

No comments: